Root Institute for Wisdom Culture, Bodh Gaya, India is looking for a new director
Root Institute is looking for a confident, dynamic and hands-on director who thrives on team work to motivate, support and lead staff and volunteers in providing the best possible service to all sentient beings and fulfilling the vision of our gurus Lama Yeshe and Lama Zopa Rinpoche, all in the Holy place of Bodh Gaya. The position of Director is for two years and is renewable if it is considered beneficial. The Director reports to the Board of Trustees.
The role of the Director will be to focus on the following key areas:
Staff/Volunteer Management: – looking after the Community. To create a cohesive team working together to make Root a welcoming place for dharma seekers and provide support to the community through the Maitreya School for underprivileged children and Shakyamuni Buddha Community Health Care Clinic.
To coordinate and work harmoniously with:
- the Spiritual Program Coordinator to establish a vibrant and diverse spiritual program.
- the School Principal and Clinic In-Charge and their respective teams.
- those handling social media, IT, etc. to enable engagement with all, near and far.
- to communicate and work with the Board of Trustees on a regular basis.
Projects, Fundraising & Finance: – to plan, budget, raise, allocate and monitor funds for Root and its associated projects, to manage all sponsors and keep them updated.
Legal Compliances:– ensure all compliances are carried out in proper and timely manner
Liaison with: Government departments, other Dharma centers, and partners to ensure cordial relations and smooth running of the center.
FPMT India and International offices, and represent the centre at community events and FPMT national/international meetings where possible.
- Understand and maintain: FPMT policies and guidelines, legal and ethical compliances.
This position ideally requires professional leadership and experience in a nonprofit organization, as well as experience of working in India and some knowledge of Hindi.
The ideal candidate should also have:
- a good heart, devotion to Lama Zopa Rinpoche and familiarity with FPMT
- proven excellent, mindful and compassionate people management skills
- disciplined and consistent onsite presence and be a role model for others
- ability to use the web and process emails, use word to create documents and excel to monitor incomes and expenses
- a good level of both written & spoken English is essential.
Remuneration: A monthly stipend along with other benefits including travel, one month paid leave every year and visa expenses (in case of foreigners). Free accommodation and food in Root Institute.
To apply, please send your resume along with a letter explaining your interest in this position and outlining your experience, if any, with FPMT, 2 Professional references and 1 Spiritual reference / Dharma friend to the following mail ID’s by May 31, 2022.
For further information about Root Institute please visit our website: www.rootinstitute.ngo